Scubapro, one of the world’s most iconic scuba kit manufacturers is celebrating its 60th anniversary with a limited-edition release of its flagship MK25 EVO/S620 Ti Carbon BT regulator system and newly-released Galileo G3 dive-computer.
Founded in the United States by Gustav Dalla Valle and Dick Bonin in 1963, Scubapro is one of the most recognisable brand names across both recreational and technical diving.
Scubapro’s MK2 first-stage regulator, also launched in 1963, became one of the most popular regulators on the market during its evolution into the current MK2 EVO; particularly as the robust, reliable, simple-to-maintain and virtually bullet proof low-cost mainstay of recreational dive shop rental gear.
The company’s 1965 Jet Fin revolutionised the concept of underwater propulsion, and Scubapro’s 1971 stabilising – ‘stab’ – jacket was a game-changer in buoyancy compensator design; the forerunner of the modern jacket-style BCD. Scubapro’s acquisition of the Uwatec dive computer brand in 1997 rounded out the full set of scuba gear that the manufacturer had to offer.
MK25 EVO/S620 Ti Carbon BT Anniversary Edition
The special edition MK25EVO/S620 Ti Carbon BT has been given red and black colour accents, a special protective coating and titanium and carbon fibre components, offering the same premium features as the standard MK25 EVO/S620 Ti Carbon BT combination, but with greater comfort due to the lightweight carbon parts.
Specifications (first stage):
- Durable Black Tech DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) coating provides a shiny, deep black finish with higher scratch and oxidation resistance.
- Protective end cap features ’60 Year Anniversary’ in red.
- Red spring, as seen through the compensation chamber holes
- S620 TI ANNIVERSARY EDITION SECOND STAGE
Specifications (scond stage):
- A handmade carbon fibre part is fitted onto the front cover, increasing comfort by reducing weight.
- Red ’60 Year Anniversary’ prints can be found on the front casing in addition to a S620 Ti carbon fiber sticker with red printed logo
- Knob ring and barrel nut in titanium as per the XTi.
- Weight (without mouthpiece): 168g
RRP MK25 EVO/S620 Ti Carbon BT Anniversary Edition: £1,260
Scubapro G3 Anniversary Edition
The 60th Anniversary special edition of the brand-new Galileo 3 (G3) with red and black color accents is a very special highlight for discerning divers and collectors. It combines a sleek design and modern display with a classic timepiece-look and offers all the functions of a high-quality, modern dive computer.
- Black anodized laser-engraved aluminum tag displaying the progressive serial number highlights limited edition exclusivity
- 60th Anniversay red bezel and screen accents
- Stainless steel housing depth rated to 300m
- Scuba (PMG, trimix, CCR & sidemount), gauge and freediving modes
- Galileo menu design
- Dual-algorith Predictive Multi-Gas Bühlmann ZHL-16 ADT MB PMG or ZHL-16 GF
- Wireless air integration
Both Anniversary products come in a dark gray-washed FSC-certified wooden box engraved with the Scubapro 60 Year Anniversary logo, and are only available in limited quantities. They also include a black anodized laser-engraved aluminum tag displaying the progressive serial number of the limited-edition product as a tribute to Scubapro’s 60-year legacy.
RRP Scubapro Galileo G3 Anniversary Edition: £1,140
More information available on www.scubapro.com