The Scubapro S600 series of second stage regulators was first introduced in 2001 and has become one of the most popular designs of all time. After 15 years of services, the lightweight Scubapro S620 Ti is the latest in the range, smaller and lighter than the S600.
The new S620 Ti consists of a corrosion-free titanium barrel inside a rugged technopolymer case and front cover, built around a new, larger stainless steel frame for reinforcement. Scubapro claims a 37 per cent reduction in breathing effort over the S600.
In terms of adjustments, the S620 Ti has an inhalation effort control know and a VIVA (Venturi Assist) switch, both featuring a new moulded design with rubber sectors to improve grip. The purge button operates with a lighter touch and the new ‘flow-engineered’ exhaust improves the diversion of bubbles from the divers line of sight. A compact ‘hi-flow’ mouthpiece mounted on an enlarged pipe, along with the new exhaust tee, contribute to the overall reduction in breathing effort.
Scubapro S620 Ti features
- Air-balanced valve smooths out the inhalation effort at varying depths and supply pressures.
- Rugged reinforced technopolymer case and front cover with stainless steel frame looks good plus is able to withstand years of aggressive diving.
- Lightweight titanium barrel is rugged and anti-corrosion and will last virtually forever no matter what environment it faces.
- Large diaphragm fits inside a more compact casing for maximum breathing sensitivity.
- User controls include an easy-grip diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob and Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) lever.
- Large purge button is designed with holes to improve water circulation.
- Solid assembly includes a metal pin securing the adjustment knob (as in the full technical G260 regulator).
- Proven diaphragm, poppet, spring and lever – the same used in the S600, ensure reliability.
- Flow-engineered high-performance exhaust tee improves ease of exhalation.
- Super-flow hose features an oversized bore that allows more air to flow on each inhalation.
- Newly designed mouthpiece, exclusive to the S620 Ti, is mounted on an enlarge mouthpiece pipe to improve airflow as well as mouth comfort.
New Scubapro S620 Ti combos
The new S620 Ti is available as a part of three regulator combo packages:
Balanced Diaphragm (MK17 EVO / S620 Ti)
The compact MK17 EVO first stage is completely sealed from the elements, ensuring trouble-free operation no matter how cold or murky the water gets.
Balanced Piston: (MK25 EVO / S620 Ti)
The MK25 EVO piston first stage is one of Scubapro’s most popular models. Although it’s not environmentally sealed, it does offer good resitance to freezing, but is one of the most popular recreational and technical regulators, for all but the coldest water.
Total Titanium: (MK25 T EVO / S620 Ti)
The MK25 T EVO is machined from a solid block of titanium makiing it one of the lightest and most corrosion-resistant regulators on the market.
Available at authorised SCUBAPRO dealers.