Northern Diver has launched a new rechargeable dive torch, the Fusion R, rated to 100m of depth and fitted with a powerful SST40 LED that produces a 2000 lumens beam at full power.
The Fusion R features high, medium, low and strobe modes, with a simple one-button switch cycling through the modes, and comes with intelligent overheating protection to prevent burn out at the surface.
Charging is via a USB cable and magnetic charging connector, included in the box. The self-locating magnetic ports on the torch and connector are sealed against water, dirt and sand. The Fusion R has a reported burn-time of 3.5-4.5 hours in high-power mode and as many as 20 in low-power mode. A battery capacity indicator activates when less than 60 minutes of charge is remaining.
- LED/lifespan: SST40/ 100,000 hours
- Output: 2000 – 1000 – 300 lumens
- Burn time: 3.5 – 4.5 – 20 hours (246h flash mode)
- Colour temperature: 5700 – 7300k
- Beam angle: 11 degrees
- Impact resistance: 1.5m (5′)
- Waterproof rating: IP68/100m
- Battery: 5000Ah/21700 Li-ion built-in battery (rechargeable via magnetic port)
- Charge time: 4.5 hours
- Length/diameter: 161mm (6.3″)/38mm (1.5″)
- Weight (including battery): 196g (0.43lbs)
Included in the box
- Dive light
- USB cable
- Magnetic connector
- User manual
- Zipped storage case