Exposure protection specialist BARE is celebrating 50 years in business with the introduction of a special 50th Anniversary edition of its flagship X-Mission Evolution drysuit for recreational and technical divers.
Based in British Columbia, Canada, BARE has been making premium immersion wear and diving equipment for half a century. To mark the milestone, BARE’s 50th Anniversary X-Mission Evolution drysuit is being offered with some unique features and details – ideal for commercial, technical and recreational divers looking for a combination of flexibility and durability in a travel-friendly package.
BARE has made some changes to the standard drysuit for the 50th Anniversary X-Mission Evolution, which will be available in a unique Military Green and Anthracite Grey colour combination and feature special ‘50 Years Deep’ badging on the right shoulder. The left shoulder will feature a maple leaf emblem to represent the company’s Canadian heritage.
Buyers will also receive a free anniversary beanie hat and drinks-coozie emblazoned with retro-inspired BARE badging. These are unavailable to buy and limited to Anniversary drysuit owners only.
Two versions are available: a men’s and women’s 50th Anniversary Edition X-Mission Evolution. Nineteen standard men’s sizes are offered from S to 4XLS, and eleven standard women’s sizes as well as made-to-measure (MTM) custom fit models in both. BARE retailers are able to offer sizing help and advice for customers who wish to place an order.
X-Mission Evolution features
- 2MM nylon/smoothskin ‘Smart Collar’ with vented neck drain provides an improved seal with the BARE dry hood• Low-profile valves
- Removable inflator valve backer pad reduces discomfort as a result of the ‘squeeze’ at depths
- Anatomically-shaped torso, arms and legs
- Lightweight low-profile plastic dry zipper and offset protected zipper flap to avoid contact between dry zipper and outer flap
- Includes reinforcement patch for heating system
- Low back M-PADZ reinforcement panel for added durability
- Adjustable elastic waistband at the back of the drysuit for snugging up for that perfect fit
- Field-replaceable suspenders and crotch strap
- Includes four-point suspenders
- Two-layer reinforced pee valve patches on the interior fabric for durability
- M-PADZ knee protection
- Includes Tech Boots and two expandable Tech/DATA pockets
- Expandable Tech/DATA pockets include five bungee cords (three regular/two thick)
- Two-needle ‘felled seam’ construction increases seam integrity, is low profile and less prone to abrasion and finishes for a clean look
- Flexible double taped reinforcement at ‘critical wear’ seam points for added durability
The BARE 50th Anniversary Edition X-Mission Evolution is available to order at UK and Ireland retailers now, with default sizes available to ship immediately. Available for a limited time only.