British kit manufacturer Northern Diver has launched a ‘new and improved’ three-piece ‘Semi-Tech’ wetsuit, comprised of a 5.5mm semi-dry steamer, a 6.5mm shorty and a 5mm ‘supervent’ hood.
The suit is designed and constructed to give divers a single suit that will allow them to dive on a year-round basis, providing excellent thermal protection in both challenging conditions and low temperatures.
The high-quality neoprene construction is designed to offer robust and strong, yet supple and flexible, qualities, helping to ensure freedom of movement and the ease of donning and doffing the suit.
The anatomically designed semi-tech system can be worn with the steamer and shorty together for cold conditions, or the two garments can be worn separately for warmer waters. To further enhance its thermal qualities, the steamer includes Northern Diver’s unique Thermal Shield vest, constructed of 3mm neoprene, designed to provide extra protection for the chest and back of the wearer.
Northern Diver says that particular attention was provided to the comfort of the wearer when designing the system, hence the suit boasts a luxurious plush inner lining for both comfort and warmth, with added comfort provided by the company’s use of its acclaimed black skin neoprene for all seals, complemented with zipped protective warmers. To improve functionality and performance the seals are worn inverted to ensure suit flushing is kept to a minimum.
- 5.5mm Yamamoto superstretch neoprene
- YKK® rear entry vertical zip with an extra-long zip tape
- Hook Velcro closing tab to secure zip in place
- Pre-bent arms + knee area with strong pad/supertex protection
- Triple glued and blind stitched seams
- YKK® zipped ankles with black skin seals + Velcro closing tab
- 3.0mm superstretch neoprene built in thermal shield
- Over printing on shoulders helps kit grip/prevent slipping
- 6.5mm Yamamoto superstretch neoprene
- Neck seal with skin on inside
- YKK® front entry plastic zip
- Velcro closing zip flap
- Rib skin with nylon underarm/side panels
- Neck, leg + cuff seals with skin on inside
- 5mm Yamamoto superstretch neoprene
- Inside lined with plush superstretch neoprene
- Outside linked with new 4000-8 anti-Velcro lining
- Inner face seal black skin neoprene
- Seams glued + blind-stitched on outside
- Supervent on top of hood
Northern Diver also offers a branding service for company logos or crests to be added to the suit, reflective banding for increased visibility underwater, or just adding a name so that everybody knows who the suit belongs to.
Available in sizes S, M, L, XL, XXL